Some great links to get you through the weekend coffees…
- Marla Day travels around the USA collecting and archiving textile objects from African-American history.
- Watch the parade of clothes in this awesome silent movie from Edwardian London in 1912/3.
- The latest edition of Irish Archaeological Research is out – read it now!
- As is the list of events for the Dublin Lectures 2012 in the Little Museum of Dublin – see here.
- I just discovered this truly fabulous blog – Amazing Women in History – you won’t be able to put this one down.
- Check out the pageboy outfits in this run down of Edwardian fashion in Dublin a century ago!
- The National Library of Ireland is looking for anything you may have from WW1 – read more here.
- Visit the temporary (quick! go!) exhibition of 21st Century Irish Craft at the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin; see more here.
- And finally! This day 100 years ago was the Lawrence Textile Strike. Read all about it here.